All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Already Home

Even though I spent nearly three weeks in Poland (my second trip there this year) I only had three days off from my acting./movement/vocal workshop in the woods. So I'd venture in Wroclaw, the third largest city in Poland (I believe) and take in the local sights. Here are some things I noticed:

Great hand-printed wallcovering (or stenciling) at popular hostel Mleczarnia:

     

Awesome seahorse and mermaid chairs at the National Museum:

     

A detailed metal door in the City Hall:

 

A plaque outside the offices of Grotowski Institute, our local host:

 

Milk crate lights in a vegan cafe!

     

A lovely shade of green:
 
 

Someone not afraid of being an individual:


Awesome architecture and public art murals in a prewar department store/shopping center (Renoma):







 

Lady Liberty's Polish cousin on top of this old bank building..?

 

And Wroclaw's answer to London's ICA--the Contemporary Museum




 

And here was my home base for two-plus weeks. I made my bed and room feel as homey as I could!


1 comment:

Jim said...

Okay, it's definitely time to go back to Poland. I can see why Wroclaw is now known as the culturally "happening" place in the Old Country. Who knew? A nice change from the historically accurate reconstructions in Warsaw and elsewhere.