All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Waters of March

Slowly but surely, things get done. A little while ago (I think it was late March) I finished a friend's bathroom remodel. So much work went into renovating a small space, but in the end it was worth  it!

Here's the BEFORE:





Here was my original design, showing a glossy tonal stripe of tile that went along the floor and up the wall:
And here's the big AFTER:







(Wondering where the litter box went? It's in a secret compartment under the sink--that stroke of genius came from my friend, the homeowner!)


Quite a transformation! I was also glad I finally convinced someone to paint a room in their house navy blue. The process of actually buying the materials (not just specifying, which is what I often do at Ye Olde Dayjobbe) felt great--really hands-on. And I found a great contractor who shared a lot of the same eco-friendly ideals as me.

Okay, who's next!?

8 comments:

Lets said...

nice, what tiles are those? and is the shower door just a piece of glass or is it a door.

Jason said...

Hi Lets, thanks for checking it out! The tiles are from Porcelanosa, a great Spanish company. And the glass is a fixed screen meant to shield the toilet and mirror storage from water (but the rainfall showerhead is pretty clean since all the water goes directly down.)

Rebecca Novick said...

I love when I see you on Apartment Therapy. You are so awesome! Although I have a sneaking love for that red and white tile... alas I am no modernist.

Wanna come over to our new house (yeah! we bought a house!) and give us your sage advice? I will make you dinner!

.:+Pearlofafrika+:. said...

whoa! love it. where did you find that glass shelf? the black adds amazing dimension.

Jason said...

Wow, Rebecca! Where did you buy a house? I'd love to check it out.

Jason said...

Pearlofafrika, the swiveling mirror/storage tower is also from Porcelanosa. In addition to tile, they also have a good selection of sinks, toilets, and mirrors.

Lets said...

Hi jason, thanks for your reply. Do you seem to remember the name of the tile...i am looking for something with the similar dimensions and in grey and hence my many questions,
thanks,

JC said...

Hi Jason,

My husband and I are buying a house that has a very dated bathroom with a similar layout. We want to do exactly what you've done- especially the walk in shower without full enclosure. What does the labor cost for a project like this? We plan on buying our own materials for the most part... thanks!

JC