All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

And all that jazz...

We just got back from a great trip to Chicago--my first time ever! (My partner used to live there back in the mid-90s.) So that kind of explains this week's late post...

I loved this trip. It was such a great city, and seeing how residential towers and skyscrapers had been integrated into the downtown area was really inspiring. It made downtown feel like a real place, not just a space for tourists and businesspeople. We had some good friends (and former San Franciscans) show us around.

Here are some photos I snapped:










One of my friends also turned me on to this amazing outsider artist from Chicago, Vivian Maier. Her story (and work) is just...amazing. Here's one of her photos:


We will definitely be back. Hell, we might just move there--it's a lot more affordable than San Francisco, that's for sure. I'm officially a fan. I heart Chicago!

No comments: