All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Honey Honey, how you thrill me (uh-huh, uh-huh)

Okay, I was out of commission last week 'cause, well, I just didn't have anything to write about. But over the course of the week, I found new inspiration:

I've been walking by these exquisite leather sling dining chairs (and their matching lounge chair counterparts) at Farnsworth for weeks now, every day to and from the gym. They're reminiscent of the iconic butterfly chair of the '60s, but with more panache and style, and I always stop for a moment to admire them and wonder if there's anything else like them.

Then about a week ago I looked through the new CB2 catalog and saw these:




It's an all-leather version of the butterfly chair in my favorite shade of leather--honey or caramel. At $399, it's a steal and I plan on using it for a Retrograde project soon. Over time the leather will wear nicely and develop a rich patina and loads of character. Heck, I'd use it in my own home if I weren't turning my living room into a study/library (more on that personal project soon!)

The reason why I love this particular color for leather is that it feels like the furniture equivalent of camel hair. In fashion, I'm always drawn to camel-colored sweaters and camel hair coats (especially as we move into fall and winter.) It just completes one's wardrobe and suits so many different people. Both my camel hair coat and my tan/honey/caramel leather jacket look great with any combo of shirts/sweaters/pants or with t-shirts and jeans. In your home, these tan/honey/caramel leather accents often have a rustic charm and can work with so many other styles and furniture pieces to provide a warm, rich neutral hue to any interior.

Here's another great leather chair from Restoration Hardware. Meant to be a dining chair, I think a grouping of them would look just great in any living room or den, too.



No comments: