All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Who's zooming who?

Okay, I was bad and let last week slip away from me. I was on a roll, too, posting every week for a while there. I guess it's hard when you've got other things to do and the inspiration sometimes runs a little low. (What, am I supposed to keep traveling all the time to get inspired? Sure, once I win the lottery!)

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from CB2 announcing their new Fall collection. I was surprised to see the number of knockoffs reproductions pieces inspired by other designers.

The classic Serge Mouille sconce vs. CB2's Mantis sconce:

      

Or my favorite Ball Lights from Michael Anastassiades vs. CB2's Candlestick pendants:

 

I dunno, the scales can sometime be different, and the quality of these knockoffs pieces can vary, but you can find some cool, inexpensive things out there. It's still nice to know where the inspiration came from, of course ;-)

No comments: