All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Yes I did, yes I did...would someone please tell 'em who the f--- I is

Well, I went without a post last week for a good reason--I had not one, but TWO projects wrap up at Ye Olde Dayjobbe on the same day. This had me working crazy 10- and 11-hour days to get everything sorted out. After logging many miles in my car (and earning miles on my AmEx!) I got through it. Of course, the commercial job entailed some magic products from Cliff's Variety:



And my residential project was saved by a big accessory run at West Elm. They had pillows in the perfect shade of yellow (see last week's post about my obession with yellow this summer). I love how they call it "horseradish":


Both projects kept me busy, but both were also great examples of high-low design and decorating: custom pieces (like sofas and chairs) mixed with fun, off-the-shelf accessories.

(Well, the commercial project was also about getting crafty and industrious with the carpet tape and switching out light bulbs here and there...)

Okay, more next week, I promise!

No comments: