All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key...

Following up on stuff I'm loving this spring and summer, I've got to let you all know about my obsession with Greek keys.

Sometimes it can also be found in Asian designs in fretwork borders or screens, but we most often associate the keys with neoclassical interiors and various revivals.

Check out this rad hand-painted key border by Jean Cocteau. I would love the chance to draw or graffiti something like this in an interior space with a big fat marker:


(Check out the rest of this French home that Cocteau designed in this article.)

I'm totally going to get these Euro shams from West Elm and use them as a summery headboard:

I love these because they take that classic geometric pattern and, like Cocteau, give it an organic, handmade feel. It's relaxed and easy and fun--just what you want for the warmer days ahead.

Go ahead and go Greek this year--get yourself a brand new key!

No comments: