All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hang me up to dry

Short post this week (and late) because I got sidetracked by a few things: a bathroom remodel I'm working on is having some tile issues; Ye Olde Dayjobbe is getting busier for some reason; and I got a callback after going to an HGTV audition.

!!!!

Yeah, that's right. Keep your fingers crossed, true believers.

One thing I talked about during my initial casting and subsequent callback was overcoming inertia just doing something. So many folks have art, posters, or even wrapping paper that can hung on the walls. "But I don't have any frames!" I hear. Or, "custom framing costs too much and takes too long!"

Well, something I've been using for years are steel bullnose clips. They're a little more old-school/retro/stylish than your average black-and-metal binder clips, and they're good for hanging art. For large pieces, like my old London bus roll which I've had for years now, I specifically choose bullnose clips for hanging.


But they're also great for quick, down-and-dirty hangings, like right after you move into a new place, or to just experiment to see if you like the placement of something.


Maybe you'll have that print or poster framed eventually. But in the meantime, enjoy the no-fuss hanging!

Got pictures of cool things you've hung with bullnose clips, or even pant hangers? Send me photos--I want to see 'em!

1 comment:

design inspiration for Foote cottage said...

Good luck getting a show, you would be great. I get so many great ideas form your blog.