All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Why are you my clarity?

Two days late! I know, I've been keeping busy on the weekends, seeing clients and getting ready to run a MARATHON this October.

I think my final European vacation reflection will take me back to London, where I always get inspiration. The Victoria & Albert Museum is always chock full of surprises. Each time I go I seem to stumble across a room or wing I didn't know about. It was like that when I lived in London and it's still like that every time I go back to visit. This time my partner and I came across the ceramics wing. Along the way, I was inspired by the architecture of the museum itself.

Deep navy ceilings with crisp white walls:


Tan/khaki (brown) with black and white--it's also my favorite color combo for clothing this summer:


Simple, modern lighting to contrast old/traditional architecture:




A scrim or window shade printed with a photograph:


Balancing scale, size, heights, and color in a grouping of objects:


Bringing pops of color (like turquoise) to a bunch of neutrals:


Just a little hint of red between charcoal gray and white:


Painted walls and trim with natural wood doors and windows:


 

Deep chocolate brown with pale green:


And from the furniture collection....

Classic bent wood/cane chairs:


Different chair styles all painted the same color:


Chinoiserie in different color combinations:


So inspiring! So glad I always it a point to visit whenever we're in town. A part of me will always be there :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much there is to discover at the V&A. An inspiring place indeed.

Jim said...

I love the details you noticed there. The not-so-obvious stuff that makes such a huge difference.