All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Brass monkey, that funky monkey...

At Ye Olde Dayjobbe I've been drawn to a lot of brass lately. It's not necessarily that bright, highly polished "fake gold" that dominated the suburban plumbing fixtures of the '90s and my teenage years, but it's a little more refined these days:

 
 
Regardless of the finish (brushed, polished, satin) it's a metal that can add color and warmth to a setting. Remember, I even made polished brass a feature in my library/dining room a few months ago.
 
I like it. Sometimes chrome, nickel or steel feel too cold. And bronze can often feel severe, like a black line. Of course it depends on the room, but brass really brightens things up. It's like a little bit of bling for your home. Check out some examples:
 
  






 




 

No comments: