All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

And after all, you're my wonderwall...

This last week I was shopping for wallpapers for a client at my dayjob. Since this was for a powder room with no windows, the client really wanted to have a little fun (since working with her, I realized she was completely unafraid of bold patterns and color.) The only criteria? Silver. And patterned.

!!!!!

I thought, This is gonna be so much fun. Going around the Design Center, I pulled dozens of samples from a few pre-selected showrooms. Always keeping my client's tastes and needs in mind, I couldn't help but think which patterns I would choose for my own home if I had a small space to paper. There were so many crazy, fun metallic geometric prints as well as bold florals and toiles on gray and black backgrounds.

Here were some of my favorites:


Of course, coming from the Design Center, these patterns are kind of pricey. While researching other crazy-bold patterns, I went back to one of my favorite designers Barbara Hulanicki (founder of legendary Biba in Britain.) She's since moved on from fashion to interiors and designed pieces for Habitat in Britain as well as wallpapers for Graham & Brown available here in the US.

Here are a couple of my favorites: 
Y'know what's even better than being to find her wallpapers in the US? You can get some of them at Target.

!!!!!

Looks like Ms. Hulanicki's kept one thing from her Biba days: affordable design. Love it!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow, just getting caught up on the blog, these wallpapers are amazing. Wish I had someplace to wallpaper, too!!